Wednesday 11 April 2012

Whirligig Quilt

The Whirligig ( Wonky Pinwheel - as I would call it ) block has been on my list of things to do for awhile now. I have always love a fun looking quilt and thought of giving this pattern a try.


I have used this tutorial for the blocks.  It was easy and fast putting them together!  This fabric line is Flora by Lauren & Jessie Jung.  I love this line ever since it came out and thought that the quilt will look sweet in those small to medium scale prints!  I have used Moda Bella Solids in Snow for the background and Lounge Stripe by Heather Bailey for the backing. 

The blocks measured 8 inches each and I've added a 4 inch border to achieve a certain size.  
I hand quilted using perle cotton no. 8 with outline stitches in the background.  I wanted the quilt to be soft thus the quilting was done at a minimal.

This quilt finished at about 54" x 70", a great throw size and it is my second finished quilt for 2012.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I like your quilt a lot! I love this pattern and the hand stitching around it makes it even prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! One of my first quilts (also this year!) was a rail fence quilt I made using this exact fabric line. It's so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial link, too. I've been thinking of making one of these for a while now, just waiting for the stack of fabrics to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

If you haven't allowed blogger to "show" your email address, I can only respond to you here - so please check back.